Slip & Fall Accident Attorneys in Atlanta, Georgia
Slip and fall accidents may seem like they are minor. But often, these types of accidents can result in serious injuries or even fatalities. Many victims end up paying out-of-pocket for rehabilitative treatments such as physical therapy and chiropractic care because they are often not covered by health insurance.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident, the Atlanta premises liability attorneys at Mulholland & Sutlive, LLC can help you better understand your legal rights and options. Depending on the nature and circumstances of the accident or the extent of your injuries, you may be eligible to seek compensation for your damages and losses.
Steps to Take After a Fall
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, there are a number of steps you can take in order to protect your legal rights:
- File a report with the person in charge whether it’s mall administration or a supermarket manager. Obtain a copy of this report that documents when and where the injury occurred.
- Take pictures of the accident scene.
- Get the names and contact information for eyewitnesses.
- Get prompt medical attention for your injuries.
- Never admit fault to anyone. Do not post information or photos about your accident online on social media sites. What you post online can be used against you.
- Contact an experienced Atlanta slip and fall attorney who will fight for your rights and help you secure fair and full compensation for all your losses.
Liability Issues in Georgia
When a tenant or visitor to someone else’s property suffers a serious injury such as a traumatic brain injury or bone fracture, the property owner or management company could be held financially liable. However, the victim and his or her slip and fall attorneys must prove that the property owner’s negligence led to the accident.
Victims of Atlanta slip and fall accidents must prove that:
- Management or owners failed to maintain the property
- The owners or employees created an unsafe condition that led to the accident or
- The property owners knew about the dangerous conditions and failed to alert visitors and tenants
During the slip and fall claim process, it must be determined if the unsafe condition was temporary or permanent. In circumstances when the condition was temporary, the length of time for which it existed will affect the case. Was there enough time for the owner or an employee to notice that something was dangerous? How much time did management have to observe the dangerous conditions and why didn’t they act quicker? Property owners must act within a reasonable amount of time to make conditions safe for visitors.
Damages in Georgia Slip and Fall Cases
If you have suffered a serious injury in a slip and fall accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you can seek compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity if your injuries will continue to affect your work
- Physical pain and mental anguish
- Current and future medical bills
- The cost of rehabilitation
- Other related damages
Our Atlanta slip and fall injury attorneys will thoroughly review the case and will work diligently to help you secure maximum compensation for your significant losses. Please contact our law firm at (770) 350-2691 if you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident.