Atlanta Attorneys Experienced in Defective Medical Device Lawsuits
Any medical device that is used by Americans must be approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA is a federal agency who is charged with protecting the public from dangerous medical devices. Usually, medical devices like pacemakers, and heart valves, undergo years of design, and testing before the FDA approves them. But, despite the best efforts of the FDA to protect people from dangerous medical devices, unsafe products still manage to get to the market, causing injuries and deaths.
Mulholland & Sutlive, LLC has helped many Georgia residents, and their families, struggling after a serious injury. Let our Atlanta product defect attorneys help you secure the financial settlement you need to get your lives back together after this unfortunate situation. We can be reached at (770) 350-2691.
What Causes Medical Product Defects?
Defective medical products are usually caused by large medical manufactures rushing to get a device on the market. In the rush to make a profit, medical product companies may not spend the proper amount of time in the design, and testing of medical devices. In drastic cases, medical companies have been known to hide the fact that they knew a product wasn’t completely safe before making it available to the public. Mulholland & Sutlive, LLC is prepared to investigate medical device related injuries. Let us take the big companies responsible for your injuries to court.
The Most Common Ways Medical Devices are Defective
Here are the most common medical device issues our clients have endured over the years:
- Malfunctioning medical devices
- Medical devices not working as intended
- Devices causing serious or even deadly side effects
Devices Commonly Named in Medical Product Liability Claims
Mulholland & Sutlive, LLC is investigating claims related to the following medical devices:
- Defibrillators and stents – items used to treat potentially fatal heart conditions. Defibrillators are electronic devices implanted into the heart that helps maintain a normal heart rhythm. Stents are tubes implanted into the heart’s arteries that help prevent or treat heart artery blockages. If either of these products are defective, it can be fatal.
- Joint implants – a person’s hips, knees, elbow, and shoulder are joints that commonly need to be replaced. An implant improperly inserted can cause severe pain, mobility issues, and heavy metal toxicity sickness. These are all common.
- Contraceptive devices – devices used to prevent pregnancy, such as Intrauterine devices (IUDs), have been known to cause severe pain, reproductive medical issues, and other major health concerns.
Injuries Caused by Defective Medical Devices
Medical devices that are defective or faulty can cause serious injuries, or even death. Here are some of the most common injuries that victims of dangerous medical devices may suffer:
- Chronic pain
- Lost mobility
- Tissue damage
- Heavy metal toxicity
- Wrongful death
Contact a Dedicated Georgia Defective Medical Device Lawyer Today
Mulholland & Sutlive, LLC, has seen how devastating a medical device injury can be to a person and their family. Our Atlanta medical device defect attorneys can help injured people seek the compensation they need to heal after a medical device injury. You can reach us at (770) 350-2691 or through our online contact form.