Runaway Trailer Accident Attorneys in Atlanta
Have you been seriously injured or lost a loved one in a runaway trailer accident? If so, then you are likely dealing with medical expenses and other overwhelming financial damages, not to mention the pain and anguish that comes with such a terrible experience. Additionally, the trucking company responsible for the accident may be refusing to hold itself accountable for the losses you have suffered. At this point, you may be asking yourself:
- What are the total damages I am facing?
- How can I afford them?
- Was the trucking company responsible for the accident?
- Should I pursue legal action?
If you forego taking legal action, your life may become even more difficult than it already is. The compassionate tractor trailer accident attorneys at Mulholland & Sutlive, LLC urge you to speak with us right away. Let our team of highly qualified Atlanta injury lawyers handle your legal matters for you so you can focus on your recovery or on mourning the loss of your loved one. For more information on what our firm can do for you, call (770) 350-2691.
What Are the Common Causes of Runaway Trailer Accidents?
There are several different factors that can contribute to a runaway trailer accident. Some of the most common causes of this type of accident include:
- Speeding – While driving, truckers need to consider the weight and the type of the cargo that is being transported, in addition to the road conditions. If a trucker does not adjust his/her speed in accordance to these factors, it may result in a runaway trailer accident.
- Steep Declines – Truckers are also expected to exercise proper braking techniques and speed when going down steep declines.
- Sudden Turns – If a trucker makes a turn too quickly or if the truck jackknifes, the trailer can become detached.
- Mechanical Failures – Trucking companies are expected to enforce periodic checkups and maintenance in order to prevent dangerous mechanical failures, including brake failure.
- Overloaded Trailers – Overloading a truck beyond its weight capacity can lead to a tire blowout or brake failure, which, in turn, can lead to a runaway trailer.
Contact our Georgia Runaway Trailer Accident Attorneys for Reliable Legal Counsel in Atlanta
Getting a full and fair settlement or verdict in an Atlanta truck accident case can be an extremely difficult and complex undertaking. Trucking companies typically do everything they can to reduce or deny claims for the sake of profits. If you want to obtain an optimal case outcome, it is highly recommended that you consult with an attorney as soon as possible.
Even if you are unsure whether you have a runaway trailer accident claim, please contact Mulholland & Sutlive, LLC to schedule a free, initial consultation with one of our dedicated Atlanta runaway trailer crash attorneys. During your consultation, we will assess the merits of your claim and offer guidance on how to best pursue legal and financial recourse for your losses. Call our office or complete an online case evaluation form for immediate assistance.